As a Lighting and Compositing Artist, you will play a vital role within a talented team in the production of high-end photo quality product and environment content for print, digital, interactive, animation, VR, marketing, and advertising.
Successful candidate can achieve a high level of photo quality content through expertise of lighting, shading, and post production techniques to breathe life into raw imagery. Artist will be responsible for final 3D scene assembly and rendering of elements required to complete visual shots.
Candidate will be required to work individually and within a team. Tasks range from completing everything on a small number of product shots to working on larger specific tasks within a longer scope.
- Produce high-quality, photo-realistic CGI for stills and video.
- Exhibit artistic and technical skills to work on many aspects of CG shots.
- Engaging at every stage of production, including pre-visualization of complicated sequences.
- Look development, and research and development,
- Optimize and troubleshoot lighting and rendering issues,
- May train, mentor, or supervise the work of entry and mid level generalist artists
- At least 5 years experience with industry standard 3D package. (preferably 3DS Max)
- Advanced knowledge in V-Ray, Corona, or similar render engines.
- Experience in 2D software and advanced post-production methods. (Photoshop or similar)
- Highly creative and detail oriented
- Confident and motivated; looking to grow with the team.
- Flexibility; ability to work with minimum supervision and problem solve
- VFX experience will be considered a strong asset (Fluids, Cloth, Particles & Dynamics)
- Portfolio/demo reel demonstrating fundamental foundation of lighting and compositing art skills, design sensibility, and attention to detail.
- Solid organizational skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols.
- Ability to adapt rapidly to new or changing technology with an interest in finding ways to evolve and improve the environment-art creation pipeline.
- Must be an excellent collaborator with a willingness to provide/accept criticism and direction.
- Customer service experience
- Experience with Texture Painting, Projection Mapping, and Look Development.
- Experience with ZBrush and/or other digital sculpting tools.
- Excellent high and low resolution modelling/sculpting skills.
- Any additional software knowledge or skill sets.
- And finally… a taste for craft beer. We do work in Beer City, USA after all.
- Immediate Employment Benefits.
- Health, Dental, Vision pay assistance.
- Paid Holiday/Vacation/Personal Days.
- Simple IRA with 3% company match.
- *We are only accepting United States candidates at this time*
- *This is an on-site only position*
- *Think Chromatic offers relocation assistance*
If this sounds like a career for you, please apply here